Wednesday 7 December 2016

One Day in Mumbai's Metro

Mumbai's metro

While I was staying in Mumbai, I joined the community "Mumbai Instagrammers", you can find them on Instagram over here, or on Facebook over there. It's a group of people which enjoy photography. Anybody can join : amateurs and professionals. They organize Photowalks and Instameets allover Mumbai.

I joined this group because first of all I am very fond of photography. Then I thought it would be a great opportunity to discover new places (probably places where I would have never been by myself) and meet new people !

The first Instameet I joined was this one. It was organised by the "Mumbai Instagrammers" group and the Metro itself, it was called "Majhi Metro Festival" and you can find more info by clicking here if you are interested. It was actually a contest, the theme of this year for Majhi Metro 2016 Festival was "My Metro. My Story" where artists were asked to share their version of the Metro story. I took more than 700 pictures that day and these ones are my submissions.

I didn't win but I am really happy that I had the opportunity to join this Instameet because it is usually not allowed to take pictures inside of the metro, platforms, etc... Besides it was a Sunday, so mostly families were travelling that day, it gave me the chance to take great portraits.

Enough talk now. I hope you'll like my pictures and please follow me on Instagram by clicking right here, so you won't miss any of my shots in the future.

Mumbai's metro
Ready, Steady, Go
Mumbai's metro
Sumit, the Train's Pilot
Mumbai's metro
Metro Journeys Are Exhausting
Mumbai's metro
Dreams
Mumbai's metro
A Very First Journey !
Mumbai's metro
The Wait
Mumbai's metro
Frozen
Mumbai's metro
Shadows
Mumbai's metro
Happy Family
Mumbai's metro
Colorful Outfits, Dark Look 
Mumbai's metro
Focus
Mumbai's metro
Smiles :)
Mumbai's metro
The Purple Lady
Mumbai's metro
Hey, What's Up ?
Mumbai's metro
Contrast
Mumbai's metro
Tiger, the Sniffing Dog

10 comments:

  1. These are beautiful and original portraits ! You really captured the city's soul. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like the people of India always take the best pictures. Between their tan skin and colorful ensembles, it makes each and every photograph stand out!! I love it! I would love to join a group like that around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an awesome way to see and explore Mumbai! Love the idea of a photowalk. Your pics are fun too- I love the tiny girl in the bright coloured outfit

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you find out about the instameet / instagram group? I'd love to find some of those groups too. Is it a facebook group for instagrammers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same fond of photography and love your outcome. People look interesting and some very colorful. The metro looks surprisingly modern. I hope I can make it to Mumbai one day and shoot there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great shots. I would've never thought to join a group for picture taking. Great way to network too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so nice that you joined the meetup. The theme of the photoshoot is really interesting and your photos turned out great. I hope you made some new friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - beautiful photos. You really capture Mumbai well. The photo of the driver looks like a movie still. I miss India and all its vibrancy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photos! What a great idea for an instameet. Now you've got me thinking that I should look out for instameets in my city, although my photography skills may not be up to par!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting !